BLANK

 

         
         

The following page provides a range of photos of 
the DR Dodge Ambulance introduced into the
Victorian Ambulance Service during 1934

 

 
 

The Series DR Dodge was Dodge's 1934 model beginning production on the 2nd January. It was a complete redesign to reflect a more streamlined look.  Appearance characteristics included a new vee-type radiator, skirted front and rear fenders, multiple horizontal hood louvers of descending length, larger bullet-shaped chrome-plated headlamps, a single-bar bumper, steel spoked wheels, dual horns, Duplate safety glass windshield, and the new "Leaping Ram" hood ornament.   Other features included inline L-head six cylinder cast iron engine block, selective sliding transmission, selective sliding gear transmission, 3 speed gearbox, automatic overdrive, single plate dry disc clutch,  semi floating rear axle, hydraulic brakes, Delco Remy ignition, new independent front suspension, synchronised front and rear springs, and "floating power" X-type frame.

 

A 1934  DR Dodge Ambulance use in
 the  Goulburn Valley area.

Melbourne's fleet of 1934 DR Dodge Ambulances
pictured outside the 217 Lonsdale St Headquarters
.

 

 

 

 

Wangaratta's 1934 DR Dodge Ambulance

 

 

 

 

Wangarratta's 1934 DR Dodge Ambulance (centre) with
two Ford Custom Twin Spinners in early 1950.

Melbourne's first Superintendent -
Mr Osgood-Cannon with Melbourne's
 new 1934 DR Dodge Ambulance.

 

 
 
 
Click Here to Return to the Pictorial Ambulance History Page
 
Click Here to Return to the 1931-1940 Page
 
 
 

Station  History

Station Vehicles

Home Page

Station Construction

Station Staff

         

Station Equipment

 Accident Photos

Kids Page

Ambulance Photos

Other Links

         

 

 

Index